Friday, November 14, 2008

Go Figure..


I would love to be able to tell you that seeing this means that Winter is over, Spring is here and Summer is just around the corner. Unfortunately we all know that is not the case. We have had some very unusual weather this year and my iris's are a little confused it would appear. I went outside the other day and this is what I found. This iris plant is blooming!! The funny part about the whole thing is that it didn't even bloom this summer when it was suppose to. We had all of that snow in October and the very next week we had 70 degree weather, so I think it tricked my flowers into thinking it was time to come to life. As happy as I am to see this, I'm not sure they will actually open as it has gotten rather cold outside again. Oh, how I wish that Spring was here already. I do love fall and all the beautiful colors and I don't mind snow, but this cold weather is something I really don't love. I am ALWAYS cold and it is so hard to get warmed up sometimes. I AM getting very excited for Christmas and for some reason I don't mind seeing all the Christmas stuff out already. So, I guess I can just deal with being cold for now, I guess I will have to go tell the flowers! :-)

4 comments:

Matt&Melissa said...

Hi Brittany! I'm with you - I hate winter, except for during Christmas. Once Christmas is over, I want the snow gone too! Your blog is super cute, by the way!

emily, etc, etc said...

The same thing happened in my yard - flowers all over the place. Weird!!! I just hope they bloom in the spring too. Hey we never got together - I am such a slacker. I will try to make it up to see Ashley though.

Kevin Kim Cade Ellie said...

You have been Tagged! Sorry!
Your Halloween pictures are cute!

Hollyween said...

Britany! You started a blog! Yay!