Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What's it like being married to MacGyver??


That is the question that was posed to be by my brother-in-law Chase Labor day weekend.

We all know who Macgyver is right? The awesome secret agent on tv in the 80's who could make use of any mundane materials around him. Well.....

We went camping to moon lake labor day weekend. We heard there was a good hike that goes around the lake and we decided that we wanted to give it a go, only problem was we had baby Taylor with us and no way to transport her other than to carry her. I told my sister that we could just take turns and it shouldn't be a problem. The hike wasn't suppose to be that difficult so i didn't think it would be too big of a deal since we really wanted to go.

Well one of our camp chairs broke the night before and so my wonderfully creative husband decides that he thinks he can fashion a baby carrier out of the broken camp chair.
"Ok", we say, that would be great if it could work. So he goes to work and here is what he came up with:
It worked GREAT!! They were able to carry her the entire hike and she even slept almost the whole time! We were all so impressed at Josh's (a.k.a. Macgyver) skills. I have one talented husband!




5 comments:

Amy L said...

We miss you guys! How are you doing? And I agree; Josh is MacGyver!

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Hey! You're still here! I was telling Grandma, just last week, that I hadn't talked to you in ages, and that I needed to call you.
Now that your kids are in school we ought to get together for lunch.

Hineman Family said...

I love Macgyver! We always called my dad Macgyver growing up. It was good to see you in aug.

Carrie said...

I don't know how other women survive without handy husbands. That is something Levi would totally do too!!

k.e.l.l.i.e. said...

hahaha... how funny! You are so very lucky.